3 on 3 Youth Hockey League
3 on 3 Youth Hockey League
Proudly presented by SaskMilk
3 on 3 hockey is a unique opportunity that improves overall skill and game strategy by challenging players both offensively and defensively. Players will work on their skating, shooting, and knowledge of the game all while having fun. Open to players from U9 to U18.
2022 Spring Season
League Dates: Monday, April 4 to Thursday, June 23
Registration Open: Monday, February 7
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 18
- U9 Novice - Born in 2013 and 2014
- U11 Atom - Born in 2011 and 2012
- U13 Pee Wee - Born in 2009 and 2010
- U15 Bantam - Born in 2007 and 2008
- U18 Midget - Born in 2004, 2005, and 2006
10 Regular Season Games (no playoffs or practices).
All games are played at The Co-operators Centre.
- U9 Novice - Monday's and/or Tuesday's
- U11 Atom - Monday's and/or Tuesday's
- U13 Pee Wee - Wednesday's (some Tuesday or Thursday games)
- U15 Bantam - Thursday's (some Wednesday games)
- U18 Midget - Thursday's (some Wednesday games)
- Depending on ice availability and total team registrations, there may be 1-2 exceptions including Friday and Sunday games.
- Game times will vary and will start as early as 4:45 pm Monday to Friday. Game times on Sundays will vary.
- Game schedules will be available online, a minimum of 1 week in advance.
- Season schedule will be released in 3 - 4 sections to allow realignment of divisions.
- Teams are permitted to submit any scheduling requests (team registrations only). Any scheduling requests must be submitted prior to the registration deadline.
Playing Format and Additional Information
2 x 20-minute straight time periods for all age divisions.
U9 Novice will play on 3/4 ice.
- Teams are permitted to have a maximum of 10 players
- Each player receives a 3 on 3 hat and team jersey
- 2 referees will be scheduled for each game
- All registered players receive insurance covering on-ice accidents
- Co-ed teams are welcome, but dressing room access may be limited and/or shared with other teams. Please let us know if your team will require an additional dressing room; players on co-ed teams are also encouraged to have skate guards.
- Age categories will be subdivided into 2 or 3 tiers.
- If there are not enough teams registered into a division in an age group or skill level, teams will be given the option to move divisions or withdraw.
Teams must have at least 1 (maximum of 3) adult coach(es) on the bench for each game. Coaches must provide a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check prior to participating in the league (must be valid within 1 year). Coaches are also expected to have an understanding of the league rules and regulations; previous coaching experience is not required.
Registration Process and Instructions
Register as a full team or as an free agent to be placed on a team.
Registrations must be completed online. If you are having trouble completing the registration on your mobile phone, please try a different browser or device.
Team Registration Instructions:
- The coach or team manager must register the team online prior to the registration deadline.
- Once the team is registered, all players must complete the online "Player Registration" prior to the start of the season.
- Coaches/Team Managers - you must also complete a "Player Registration" for your child.
Free Agent Instructions
If your child does not have a team to play on, you can register them as a free agent and they will be placed on a team with other free agents. Friend requests are accepted but players must be the same age division and skill level. Please limit your requests to a maximum of 2 friends.
Team Price (includes tax)
U9 Novice: $1,950
U11 Atom, U13 Pee Wee, U15 Bantam and U18 Midget = $2,500
- Deposit of half the team registration fee is required upon registration.
- Coaches can either collect payment from each player on their team and submit payments on behalf of the team. Or players can pay the league directly and once 5 players have paid, this will count as the deposit and the team will be guaranteed. Remaining fees must be paid no later than the first game.
- When completing a player registration for an established team, you will be prompted to make a payment. Please confirm with the coach/manager if you are to pay the league or the coach/manager. If you are supposed to pay the coach, the payment section of the online registration can be ignored. The registration will be submitted without payment.
Free Agent Price (includes tax)
U9 Novice: $195
U11 Atom, U13 Pee Wee, U15 Bantam, and U18 Midget = $250
- Must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Payments can be made online with Visa or MasterCard (sorry we cannot accept Visa Debit online).
- Payments can also be made in person at the Information Desk in the Co-operators Centre with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheque payable to "REAL District", or debit (please no cash).
- We do not accept post-dated cheques.
- Service charges will be applied to all NSF payments.
- Please ensure you have registered online prior to making a payment.
- Refunds or credits will not be given to players for missed games or suspensions.
- Season dates and details are subject to change based on the policies of the health agencies and the guidelines implemented by the Provincial Government of Saskatchewan. In the event, game play is interrupted after the season has started and is unable to resume, a refund will be issued based on the number of games remaining at the time of the stoppage.
- Teams are permitted to borrow other players at the same or lower skill level within their age division or one age division lower.
- Spare players who are not currently registered onto another 3on3 team must register at the Information Desk by a parent or guardian before each game they participate in.
- Spare players must pay a spare player fee of $20 per game.
- Payments can be made in person with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or debit; preferably no cash.
Spare Player Waiver Form - will be available online and at the Information Desk in the Co-operators Centre in March 2022.
3 on 3 Rulebook
Co-operators Centre Hockey League Office (CCHL)
Sport and Recreation League Coordinator